Amethyst Oval Runic Sterling Silver Necklace
Luxury handmade solid sterling silver hallmarked pendant embellished with rune symbols, and set with with gorgeous quality genuine amethyst gemstone.
The pendant is highly polished sterling silver with a regal purple oval amethyst set in a handmade claw style setting, and is suspended from a luxurious, smooth, snake chain with a secure lobster clasp. A unique addition to any jewellery collection.
- With its' deep purple colour, this amethyst is eye-catching - a real wow factor necklace.
- I've set the gemstone proud of the pendant so you can see every aspect of this exquisite amethyst
Inspired by the Viking Elder Futhark runic alphabet and the Anglo Saxon interpretations thereof, the 'shield' shaped design is embellished with stylised runic symbols, making this necklace an eloquent gift.
The symbol which is topmost on the pendant is the Anglo Saxon interpretation of the Viking Elder Futhark alphabet for:
- Ur (Uruz) - believed to symbolise strength, speed, potential, energy, courage, understanding and wisdom
The symbol below is the Viking Elder Futhark runic symbol for:
- Fe (Fehu) - believed to symbolise abundance, luck, financial strength, success, happiness, fertility, energy, wealth
- This unique necklace is the perfect gift for someone athletic who is perhaps competing soon, or someone looking for a promotion or new job.
Length of chain: ~ 46 cm
Pendant size: ~ 50 x 13 x 1mm thick
Pendant weight: over 5.7g sterling silver
Gemstone size: ~ 10 x 8 mm (~ 2.25ct)
All of the components are sterling silver. Click here for more about sterling silver and how to clean and care for it.
Hallmarked by the Sheffield Assay Office, including my personal hallmark - giving you absolute confidence in the quality of the materials used.
Your precious jewellery will arrive gorgeously gift-wrapped as shown.
Shipping: UK signed for delivery. I aim to despatch to you within 3 working days of purchase
Amethyst is the birthstone for February and Catherine the Great, Empress of Russia in the 1700’s, and the longest reigning female Russian leader, was an avid fan of this gemstone.
Amethyst is a firm favourite with many ladies. It may be because purple complements all skin tones.
"I have a number of pieces created by Linda. All incredibly beautiful and all really personal and thoughtful gifts from my son." - Jean