Care for your Silver Jewellery
Sterling silver is the standard for beautiful high-quality silver jewellery. It's 92.5% pure silver, mixed with alloys to add strength and durability. And it won't wear down like silver plating can. Because of the 92.5% silver content, the assay stamp of 925 confirms a sterling silver piece.
Some Jewellery by Linda pieces are pure, sometimes known as fine, silver which is 99.9% silver content.
- Sterling and fine silver are the most lustrous of metals and we love silver so much because it's bright and timeless.
- All of the silver used at Jewellery by Linda is purchased from reputable suppliers so it's guaranteed to be genuine, not a cheap substitute, and therefore safe for sensitive skin.
To help you with the care of your beautiful jewellery, I include a care card with your purchase of every Jewellery by Linda piece.
With proper care, your sterling and fine silver jewellery will last a lifetime.
- To minimise scratches and other damage, store your silver jewellery either in a cloth pouch or in a separate compartment in your jewellery box.
- Avoid exposing your silver to household chemicals when cleaning with bleach or ammonia, or when swimming in chlorinated water, as these chemicals can damage silver.
To minimise the cleaning required for your beautiful jewellery, I include both a complimentary anti-tarnish square and a polishing cloth with your purchase of every Jewellery by Linda piece.
- We've all seen tarnished silver - a dulling/darkening of the surface. Tarnishing naturally occurs when silver reacts with sulphur or hydrogen sulphide in the air.
- The best way to prevent tarnish from building up is by wearing your silver jewellery often (and why wouldn't you want to!).
- Care should be taken to prevent a build-up of tarnish on the sterling silver - regular cleaning of all your silver items will prevent tarnish and keep them bright and sparkling. To clean your silver, use cloths or polishes formulated specifically to remove tarnish.
Pure, or fine silver is unlikely to tarnish due to it's silver content but will always benefit from a cleaning as you clean sterling silver to keep it bright and sparkling.